Mackenzie hifi opinion - This tonearm is worth its weight in GOLD! Why, well, the original concept and design was by Jonnie 7 of Audio Origami (PU7) fame. When first released upon the market it was known as the A.O. Uni-Arm, and reviewed extremely favourably. Basically a Cracker of an arm. With the design bought by the analogue experts, Roksan Audio, they have taken the tonearm to the next level of performance. Headshell, counterweight, tonearm cable upgrades and so on, have produced a tonearm that outperforms arms at 2 & 3 times the price. A superarm bargain, if ever there was one.
SARA is an audiophile standard tonearm that incorporates a range of design elements that combine to result in a highly detailed and open sound. Featuring high-quality materials and mechanical parts, it also has a ‘less is more’ aesthetic that will appeal to many and luxurious operational feel that accentuates pride of ownership.
The SARA Tonearm is a unipivot design that employs a jewel ‘seat’ and a tungsten carbide pin for super smooth movement with minimum friction. It also features silver-plated OFC internal wiring and Roksan’s own high quality HDC external cabling, delivering neutral, highly detailed musical performance with realistic dynamics. The azimuth is individually adjustable for increased fine-tuning ability.
- Superlative sound quality and technical performance
- Ideal partner for the renowned Roksan’s Xerxes 20 Plus Turntable
- User friendly, ergonomic and useful design features fine-tuned for trouble-free setup and operation
- Unipivot design for minimum friction, excellent tracking and maximum freedom of movement
- High-quality silver-plated OFC internal wiring and Roksan’s HDC external wiring for excellent detail retrieval across the frequency range
- High quality anodised black finish with subtle detailing
- Underslung counterweight and separate azimuth adjustment
Arm Tube Aluminium
Effective Length 240 mm
Effective Mass 24.2 g
Overhang 17.5 mm
Distance from Record Centre 222.5 mm
Mounting Hole Diameter 23 mm
Arm Board Thickness 6 – 25 mm
Recommended Cartridge Weight 5 – 12 g
Recommended Tracking Weight 0 – 3 g
Internal Wiring Silver-plated OFC